About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Friday, January 5, 2001

Thanksgiving in Koh Lanta, Thailand

Thursday November 27, 2008

Another Thanksgiving without family and turkey. It seems like the best travel times to visit the places I want to see involve November. For my Thanksgiving meal I splurged and went to the beach for BBQ. BBQ on the beach is grilled red snapper, sea bass and giant prawns. The baked potato that accompanied it made it feel a little more like home. A few great emails from family and friends made it not as bad as usual.

Only a few more weeks and I will be headed home. I fly out of Bangkok to Hong Kong on Dec. 14Th for 4 days (hopefully) . I leave Hong Kong on Dec. 17Th and hopefully will be in Monterey on the 18Th.

With the Bangkok airports haven been taken over I am glad that I still have 2 weeks to plan my way to Hong Kong. Unfortunately I bought my ticket from Bangkok to Hong Kong 3 months ago but everyone seems to think the protest will end soon one way or the other.

Happy Thanksgiving to All

No comments: