About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Tuesday, January 23, 2001

Mae Hong Son














































Friday October 10, 2008

A beautiful 4 hr bus ride up and down the mountains made the bus ride to Mae Hong Son one of my favorite bus rides so far. I found a hotel, since southeast asia has very few hostels, from a flyer handed out by someone at the bus station. A private room with shared bath for a little over $4. There is also free internet so I will try and upload pictures tomorrow. I have been doing the private room for about 10 days now because of the limited options. But most are between 4-6 dollars with a private bath usually.

The hotel has incredible views of the lake and temple. It is also convenient to everything. May stay here a few days and recharge. Busing and changing locations frequently is tiresome and also is a major expense.

No comments: